Website Abbott Tool & Die, Inc. / North Central Stamping, Inc.
Rapidly growing companies that offers secure, long term employment with great benefits!
The Quality Engineer supports all departments as directed by management. This position will require some hands on with metal stampings, weldments and assemblies. The Quality Engineer will ensure the quality of the parts produced meets customer expectations and the QMS aligns with the current Industry standard. The Quality Engineer is focused, organized and results driven. This is a non-exempt position.
To achieve success as a Quality Engineer should possess the following minimum requirements, knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Experienced in all aspects of PPAP according to the AIAG PPAP requirements 5th Edition
- Understanding of IATF 16949, ISO9001 requirements
- Document and data analysis and control
- Effective communication and ability to work with others
- Root Cause analysis and problem solving through different quality tools
- Experience with gaging, measuring and inspecting of parts/components. This includes understanding of GD&T, interpretation of prints and coordinate systems.
- Reverse Engineering and CMM programming offline and in open setup.
- Advanced understanding of statistics, reliability and capability with a focus on Statistical Process Control
- Technical knowledge of stamping/manufacturing processes
- Project management & multi-tasking
- IATF 16949 transition activities
- Support APQP activities
- Develop and submit PPAP documents for new product lunches to meet customer requirements
- Maintain Quality documentation including PFMEA, Control Plan, Inspection plans, etc.
- Facilitate and promote use of appropriate problem-solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action
- Conduct process stability and capability studies on processes. Review and analyze results. Recommend changes to processes based upon findings and perform follow up to verify effectiveness
- Manage quality metrics and present findings and recommendations for review.
- Operate inspection equipment including: cmm, optical and laser scanner to conduct in-process inspections
- Other responsibilities as required.
- A. Degree from a four-year institution or equivalent work experience required
- ASQ- CQE or similar preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an automotive environment in an engineering or leadership role in quality
Works in a production environment. Occasionally, walks, bends, stoops, kneels, and is required to handle stamped, welded, machined & assembled parts for inspection. Uses tools and gages to inspect parts as needed. May Occasionally lift up to 50lbs. May occasionally lift greater than 50 lbs. with assistance or equipment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org